What is Care Management?
Care management is a comprehensive set of services and activities that help service users through a team-based, person-centred approach “designed to assist individuals and their support systems and care support staff to manage their care and/or medical conditions more effectively and to help service users take more control over their needs.” It also encompasses those care coordination activities required to help manage each service users needs.
Your Individual Support Plan:
“Care About You” offer individuals tailored care supports at home. We are mindful that you may have many different care and support needs and the amount of care and support required can and does vary over the day and over time. We offer support visits starting from as little as 60 minutes to longer term care when a higher level of assistance may be required. The individual support plan will be designed around your specific needs and requirements and you can decide how often and for how long the calls are required to ensure that your needs are met.
Management Of Your Individual Support Plan:
At “Care About You” we have a holistic approach to meeting your needs and requirements.
Steps and activities involved in developing and managing your plan include:
- An Initial assessment of your needs is carried out and agreed with you.
- Your Individual Support plan will be developed and you will be introduced to your care support workers.
- Your individual support plan will be kept in your home at all times.
- Your individualised support plan folder will record your daily care events onto your care record as part of your daily care management.
- Where a care team member has a concern about your health or wellbeing they will report this to the care management team who will manage the concern directly with you or your next of kin where appropriate.
- Your care supervisor will introduce your carers to you to help ensure there is a good matching of carers to your needs.
- Your carers will be provided additional training where required to meet your needs and will be made familiar with all aspects of your care plan – with appropriate shadowing based on client and carer needs.
- The service provided to you will be actively managed and will include:
- Monitoring Of Carer Attendance;
- Development Of Service Back Up Plans;
- Carer Assessment And Reviews;
- Service User Feedback On Quality Of Care Being Provided And Whether The Care Provided Continues To Match Your Needs.
- Other aspects of service provision will be discussed with you and include information on items such as:
- Our 24/7 Emergency Support Service;
- Your Escalation Support Process;
- How To Make Complaints – A Copy Of The Relevant Policy Will Be Left In Your Personal Care Support Plan Folder.
Make an Enquiry
If you are currently caring for a loved one and need some help, “Care About You” will carry out a free assessment on the type of care your loved one requires. Contact us and a member of our staff will be delighted to help. We offer a prompt and efficient response.